Crypto marketing involves promoting cryptocurrencies and related projects to attract investors, users, and enthusiasts. However, marketing in the crypto space comes with unique challenges and opportunities. Building trust, transparency, and credibility is important in this industry, as it is often taken with some skepticism. Our complete crypto marketing guide will examine successful marketing campaign strategies and examples.
First, let’s look at the main differences between crypto marketing and traditional marketing:
- The technology and terminology describing the cryptocurrency market are new and more complex for an audience
- The market is supported and sometimes managed by the community
- The crypto industry and its acceptance is still at the beginning of its history.
These unique factors mean marketing specialists must change or improve traditional promotion methods. And for this, we need to choose the best marketing strategy for your business.
In order to build a brand, you can choose one or several marketing strategies, such as:
“Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world you are one.”
Because cryptocurrency is new to most people, it takes a lot of content to educate people about blockchain technology, its future, and how it works. If information about your project appears in Google search results, social media feeds, or communities, it can attract potential customers to your platform.
What Content Is Good For A Crypto Blog:
- Detailed beginner's guides - a simple explanation of complicated processes and things
- Articles with cryptocurrency market reviews, industry trend reports
- QA sessions or webinars with leading industry experts
- Glossary of cryptocurrency terms that is constantly updated
- Tips and advice on working on the cryptocurrency market.
Here are some key aspects you should consider:
- Build visual identity
- Develop brand messaging
- Pay attention to your project's user experience (UX)
- Develop a narrative that tells the story of your project and its benefits.
“Influencer marketing is the culmination of the promise social media initially gave us.” – Joe SinkWitz
Crypto marketing can be challenging due to low trust and understanding among US adults, as surveys show. Constantly changing regulations, unpredictable market patterns, and an influx of scammers add complexity for potential investors.
In this scenario, influencers can play a crucial role. People trust influencer recommendations more than celebrities or banners because influencers are relatable and can simplify complex topics for non-tech-savvy individuals.
So, what makes a crypto influencer strategy effective?
Trust: Most marketers believe that influencer marketing brings a comparable return on investment. 14% believe it brings much better ROI, and 34% rate influencer marketing ROI as better. On the other side, 10% of marketers think it's worse, and 1% rate it as much worse compared to other channels. (Source: Smart Insights)
Engaging influencers can generate organic interest in your project, as their followers trust their recommendations and are more likely to take action.
Influencers Bring a More Involved Audience: Influencers have an engaged audience that actively follows and interacts with their content, making them ideal for promoting your crypto project.
Despite the benefits, there are some disadvantages to working with influencers. Influencer marketing can be volatile, and finding the right influencer for your project is difficult. We recommend starting with small investments across multiple influencers to identify the best-performing ones. Additionally, influencer marketing can be expensive.
To choose the right influencer for your project, follow these steps:
Identify Your Goals: Determine your target audience and specific goals for the influencer campaign.
Calculate The Budget: Set a budget for both short-term and long-term influencer strategies.
Use Social Platforms To Search For Influencers Manually: Utilize Google or work with a crypto marketing agency to find and manage suitable influencers.
Check The Audience Of The Chosen Influencer: Ensure the influencer's audience aligns with your project's target audience and interests.
Do Your Own Research: Verify the agency's or influencer's reputation and ethics. Look at the number of followers and posts to spot potential fake accounts.
“After a tumultuous year, 2023 will be an opportunity to create a better and safer blockchain ecosystem. Crypto is a cross-border, instantaneous, and cheap way to exchange value, and I believe the demand for that is only going to increase.” - Michael Gronager, Co-founder and CEO, Chainalysis
If you have just started with your business growth, you need to learn more about the strategies that help your startup to stand out from the crowd.
Find The Right Channels To Advertise Crypto Projects
The most popular tools for the promotion are:
- Publications in industry-specific media dedicated to cryptocurrency ICO or IDO.
- Press Releases
- Targeted advertising
- Posts on social networks
Before you move on to the promotion, you need to decide on the positioning of your product, which includes:
- Providing information about its benefits
- Describing the criteria for choosing the product
- Doing competitors analysis
And only after that, your startup is ready to be promoted.
1. Use Social Networks and Forums
One effective strategy to promote your project is to leverage social networks and forums. Start by exploring ICO-listing websites, which feature projects undergoing an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). These platforms provide a comprehensive list of the best startups for investment, showcasing their unique features and advantages.
Some of the most popular platforms include:
- YouTube (featuring crypto bloggers like Hasheur, CryptoLark, and Kripto Emre)
2. Consider Paid Advertising
Another effective way to increase visibility and reach a wider audience for your cryptocurrency project. Some notable channels include:
- PRO BLOCKCHAIN
- Crypto Hike
Plus, many startup-focused websites offer advertising options. For example, platforms like Coinhunt feature a dedicated "Promoted Coins'' section where you can purchase ad space to showcase your project.
Step 1. Analysis: Conduct a detailed analysis of the project and its business plan. It includes thorough market research, segmentation, target audience selection, and formulating a promotion strategy.
Step 2. Development: Focus on creating essential marketing assets such as the ICO website, a well-crafted White Paper, design materials, engaging photo and video content, and professional copywriting on blockchain topics.
Step 3. Marketing: Implement a range of marketing initiatives, including placement in ICO listings, running AirDrop and Bounty campaigns, working with an investor database, employing affiliate programs to attract traffic and leads, reputation marketing (SERM), contextual advertising, remarketing and retargeting, SEO optimization, banner advertising, email marketing, and collaborations with media outlets and industry experts.
To read more about the steps and strategies, read our article “Crypto ICO Marketing: Strategies for Success in the Crypto World”
When your marketing team creates high-quality content, they should start with a well-written White Paper. The content should also provide clear and concise arguments demonstrating how purchasing your token will benefit all project participants.
There are several types of content to reach the whole target audience, including:
- Educational videos
- SEO content
- Ties in the Community
A whitepaper is a well-written document that explains how your project works and helps readers make an informed decision.
The main sections of the White Paper can include the following:
- The idea of the project regarding the market situation (What problem are you solving for your customers? What makes you better than your competition?)
- The composition and competence of the team
- The probably reasonable ROI size (How likely is your project to succeed?)
- Distribution of tokens
- Roadmap (What is your tech architecture?)
- Anti-illegal activity policy (How will you solve potential legality issues?)
"The projects like DeGods and Yoots have triggered renewed interest in NFTs. Moreover, multiple brands, celebrities, and sportspersons are joining the NFT space. The recent downturn is just a hiccup in the journey to a larger acceptance of NFTs at the global level.' - Sumit Ghosh, co-founder, and chief executive officer (CEO) of Chingari, the world's leading on-chain social app.
Another way to boost your brand is to launch your own NFTs, as the skyrocketing popularity of NFTs is evident in the record-breaking sales. For instance, Beeple's artwork titled "Every Day: the First 5,000 Days" sold for an astonishing $69,000,000, securing its place as the most expensive NFT.
While NFTs are unique, businesses can apply the same digital marketing principles when advertising and selling them. To thrive in the competitive NFT marketplace, you need a well-thought-out digital marketing strategy with clear goals and actionable steps to achieve them. If you develop a robust strategy, your project can stand out from the crowd and capture the attention of potential buyers.
- Brands Can Enter A New Market And Build A Community
- Foster A Sense Of Community
- Philanthropic Endeavors
- Develop the Event Industry
- Embracing The Metaverse
1. Start With SEO Optimization: Optimizing your website and content for search engines can significantly improve your organic visibility.
2. Use Influencer Marketing: Influencers' endorsement adds credibility and facilitates effective outreach to your target audience.
3. NFT Marketplace Listings: The well-known platforms include Blur, OpenSea, CryptoPunks, and JPG Store.
4. Try Guest Posting
5. Blogging: Use blog articles to educate buyers, compare different NFTs, showcase top-selling NFTs, or highlight the unique features of your NFT project.
6. Do Airdrops
7. Develop PR (Public Relations)
8. Inform the Press: Brands often want to create, distribute, and share news about their NFTs, which may involve seeking the assistance of PR firms and agencies to reach reputable media outlets. If you don't know how to write a press release, various PR agencies can help you to create tailored documentation.
9. Build Relationships with NFT Marketing Agencies: If you need help building the right strategy, you can address an NFT marketing agency.
Content marketing is another viral marketing strategy that we mentioned earlier. So, a crypto project can apply this effective strategy to raise brand awareness and attract new customers.
We can describe content marketing as researching, creating, publishing, and distributing valuable information to your target audience to attract NFT holders, investors, and community members.
Important Data about Content Marketing:
- Blog posts are more effective when promoted through social media.
- Readers prefer that blog posts be 1,000 words or fewer.
- 71% of users viewed a blog post during their buying journey.
- Larger businesses typically have their content team, and most companies at least have a content strategy.
- Infographics and statistics
- Case studies
- User-generated content (UGC)
- Guides or long reads
Step 1. Learn about your target audience
Some instruments that can help you with this are surveys, trend observation, understanding which you don't want to target, and looking closer at your competitors.
- Firmographic: company size, revenue, industry
- Demographic: title, function, role in the buying process
- Psychographic: beliefs, values, attitudes
- Day in the life: goals, success metrics, current processes
- Needs: problems and urgent needs
Step 2. Define what makes your project stand out
Step 3. Think of the marketing channels
Step 4. Create a plan
But content marketing only makes sense for some businesses. So, you'll need to determine whether your business can benefit from content marketing.
A full guide with examples on content marketing you can find in our article “Content marketing for crypto projects”.
Direct Messaging in marketing is sending targeted and personalized messages directly to individuals or a specific group of people through various communication channels. These messages are excellent for tailored needs and preferences of the clients.
Direct messaging aims to get a more personalized and direct connection with potential customers, existing clients, or a particular audience segment. It allows businesses and marketers to engage in one-on-one conversations, provide relevant information, promote products or services, and address customer inquiries or concerns.
Let’s check the advantages and disadvantages of direct marketing strategy:
Identify your target audience: Determine the individuals most likely to be interested in your products or services.
Choose the right messaging platform: Select messaging platforms your target audience commonly uses, such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or LinkedIn.
Personalize your approach: Craft personalized messages that address the recipient by name and show that you understand their needs or interests.Provide value: Instead of immediately promoting your products or services, focus on delivering value to the recipient. Share helpful information, tips, or exclusive offers relevant to their interests.
Establish a conversation: Encourage two-way communication by asking questions or seeking feedback. Engage in meaningful conversations to build relationships and trust with your audience.
Timing and frequency: Be mindful of the timing and frequency of your messages. Avoid spamming or bombarding recipients with excessive messages. Respect their privacy and preferences.
Call-to-action: Include a clear call-to-action in your messages, directing recipients to take the desired action, such as visiting your website, purchasing, or signing up for a newsletter.
Measure and analyze: Track the performance of your direct messaging campaigns. Monitor metrics like open rates, response rates, and conversion rates. Use this data to optimize your approach and improve future campaigns.
To learn more about direct messaging strategies and examples, read our article “A Step-by-Step Guide to Direct Messaging in Crypto Marketing.”
Crypto conferences and networking are vital for a crypto brand because they provide exposure, build credibility, offer networking opportunities, and keep the brand informed about industry trends. They also facilitate announcements, feedback gathering, and community building, leading to potential partnerships and growth.
There are many notable conferences that you may consider attending. Here are a few crypto conferences known for their networking opportunities:
Consensus - one of the largest and most renowned blockchain and cryptocurrency conferences. The conference offers numerous networking events, panel discussions, and exhibitions, providing ample opportunities to connect with key players in the crypto space.
Blockchain Expo - a series of global conferences focusing on blockchain technology and its applications across various industries.
CoinDesk's Consensus - an annual conference that attracts a diverse range of attendees, including blockchain developers, investors, regulators, and thought leaders.
Money20/20 - offers networking opportunities for industry leaders, investors, and innovators.
World Blockchain Forum - is an influential conference series that showcases the latest advancements and trends in blockchain technology. It features renowned speakers, networking events, and startup pitch competitions.
Blockchain Summit - This event brings together industry leaders, government officials, and tech enthusiasts to discuss blockchain's impact on various sectors. The summits include networking breaks and interactive sessions, allowing attendees to connect and exchange ideas.
Affiliate marketing is crucial for brand growth because it's cost-effective, reaches a broader audience, builds credibility, and drives sales. It offers performance tracking and global reach and fosters partnerships, making it a valuable addition to a marketing strategy.
Investopedia defines affiliate marketing as “a marketing scheme in which a company compensates partners for business created from the affiliate's marketing tactics”
1. Develop Compelling Affiliate Promotions
Create exclusive promotions and offers for your affiliate partners. It can include limited-time discounts, bonus incentives, or unique bundles that provide added value to their audience.
2. Foster Community and Engagement
Encourage your affiliates to actively engage with their audience and build a community around your brand. You can do it through hosting webinars, live Q&A sessions, or creating dedicated social media groups where affiliates and their followers can interact and share insights about cryptocurrencies.
3. Provide Affiliate Training and Resources
Support your affiliates by offering training materials and resources to help them effectively promote your brand.
4. Monitor and Manage Affiliate Compliance
Regularly monitor the activities of your affiliates to ensure compliance with your guidelines and industry regulations. Plus, implement measures to prevent unauthorized use of trademarks or misleading advertising.
5. Encourage User-Generated Content
Encourage affiliates and their audience to create user-generated content related to your brand, such as product reviews, testimonials, or case studies highlighting positive experiences with your crypto products or services.
6. Foster Long-Term Partnerships
Cultivate relationships by providing ongoing support, exclusive access to new products or features, and rewarding top-performing affiliates with special incentives or higher commission rates.
7. Leverage Affiliate Networks
Consider joining affiliate networks or platforms specific to the crypto industry.
8. Continuously Test and Optimize
Implement A/B testing and track the performance of different affiliate marketing strategies. Experiment with various promotional methods, commission structures, and affiliate incentives to identify the most effective approaches.
Regularly analyze data and make data-driven decisions to optimize your affiliate marketing efforts.
“The power of social media marketing comes from the unparalleled capacity of social media in three core marketing areas: connection, interaction, and customer data” - Investopedia
Social marketing helps crypto brands reach a larger audience, build a community, gain credibility, and create cost-effectively awareness about their products and services. It allows direct engagement with potential customers, fosters trust, and keeps the brand relevant in the dynamic crypto space.
In our blog, we've already highlighted "11 Innovative Methods to Boost Engagement through Social Media." Now, take a look below for additional strategies:
- Use Interactive Content
Interactive content is a great way to drive engagement on social media. People love to participate in quizzes, polls, surveys, and contests, and these types of content can also help you better understand your audience's preferences and needs.
- Use Visuals
Visuals are high-performers on social media, so be sure to include an eye-catching, colorful image or graphic with each post.
- Share More Video
Video is the most engaging content type of all. So use it to maximize engagement on your social media. Upload your video directly to your chosen platform instead of sharing a link to an outside website like YouTube.
- Encourage Tagging
Encouraging your followers to tag others who might benefit or enjoy a post is another excellent way to engage them. For example, if you post an inspiring quote, ask your followers to tag a friend who needs it.
- Respond to Comments and Messages
Responding to comments and messages is vital to building a strong relationship with your audience on social media. Make sure to respond to all comments and messages promptly and professionally, even if the comment is negative.
- Explore Paid Social
Don't worry. You don't need a lot of cash to get started. Investing even a small amount in paid social ads can help you grow your audience, get more exposure, and even increase conversions. With precise audience targeting, you can focus your ads on people already interested in your brand, like those who have visited your website or subscribed to your email list.
To reach brand awareness, study different types of brand promotion, which serve various purposes depending on the desired objectives. Let's explore five distinct types of advertising:
Informational Promotion: This type informs the target audience about the brand, its values, and the benefits of using its products or services. It is commonly employed for product, service, corporate, personal, event, cultural, and geographical brands.
Persuasive Promotion: Also known as stimulating promotion, this approach actively encourages customers to purchase the brand's goods or services. It is frequently used for product, service, and event brands. Reminder Promotion: The primary objective of reminder promotion is reinforcing awareness of the brand and its key attributes. It is employed for product, service, corporate, personal, event, cultural, and geographical brands.
Reinforcing Promotion: This type of promotion aims to support and motivate customers in their brand selection, reinforcing their confidence in their choice and encouraging repeat purchases. It is commonly used for product and service brands. Companies often employ tactics such as loyalty programs, customer events, and birthday gifts to incentivize consumers.
Image Promotion: The main goal of image promotion is to solidify the brand's image in the minds of consumers, showcasing desired qualities such as expertise, flexibility, friendliness, or other key components of the brand's identity. Image promotion is often necessary for corporate, personal, and geographical brands. One example is when an expert participates as a jury member in a contest, serving as image promotion for their brand.
What To Do first?
- Research and analysis of the market, target audience, and competitors. This helps to understand the brand to be created.
- Positioning - determining the place in the minds of consumers that the brand will occupy compared to competitors.
- Developing a brand message - the core promise to customers.
- Developing a brand platform. A platform is a document that lists the elements of the brand - from mission to benefits.
- Developing a brand strategy - a plan of action for creating, developing the brand, and adapting it to changes.
- Development of the brand identity - the visual component of the brand: logo, packaging, website.
Now let’s talk about tools. Every marketing team must deliberate on the tools that align most effectively with their project requirements. Presented here are the top choices we've gathered:
This is advertising on radio, television, and print media. Also, outdoor advertising, advertising on-premises, public places, transportation, and the Internet.
It includes activities that allow you to form a positive image. These are press conferences, press breakfasts, expert articles and comments, test drives for journalists, and press tours.
For example, promotions at the point of sale, coupons, competitions among salespeople, discounts, and gifts at purchase.
Another name for the tool is direct sales. This is offline promotion: test drives, product presentations, personal consultations, and work of managers at exhibitions, in showrooms, and expo-zones.
It refers to methods that involve personalized communication with the consumer. For example, these are mailings, telemarketing, and catalog sales.
To promote the brand, a company can sponsor events, place flags and banners, give away clothing or printed products with the company logo to participants, conduct interactives with guests, demonstrate products, and give away trial samples.
The second name of the tool is hidden advertising. This is a mechanic in which the product is mentioned in a movie, book, or online game.
Native Advertising and Special Projects
These are games, quizzes, surveys, and quests. They are usually conducted in an online format.
These are any events that the brand holds. For example, presentations, exhibitions, test drives, client days, conferences, master classes, tastings, and closed club events.
It includes collaborations and joint marketing activities of several brands.
Regarding AI tools that can elevate your project promotion, we've delved into numerous applications and products designed to enhance your team's creativity and effectiveness. Explore our "Top 10 AI Products for Marketing and Management to Boost Efficiency" article for valuable insights.
Using educational materials is a powerful way to develop your crypto brand.
"To make the best trading decisions, you need to be educated about the market and how the coins perform. With Crypto education, you can prepare the best trading strategies. Also, when you educate yourself about the Crypto market, you can avoid preventable risks. All these will help you in becoming a strong investor in the long run." - according to QRIUS.
Let’s check some examples of good educational materials for developing your crypto brand:
Beginner's Guides: Create comprehensive guides that introduce newcomers to the world of cryptocurrencies. Cover topics such as cryptocurrency, how it works, different types of cryptocurrencies, and the basics of blockchain technology.
Video Tutorials: Produce informative and engaging video tutorials demonstrating how to set up a cryptocurrency wallet, execute a trade on a crypto exchange, or securely store cryptocurrencies. Visual demonstrations can make complex processes easier to understand.
Infographics: Design visually appealing infographics that simplify complex concepts or present statistical data related to cryptocurrencies. Infographics can effectively communicate information in a concise and visually appealing format.
Webinars: Conduct live or pre-recorded webinars where experts discuss specific topics such as decentralized finance (DeFi), cryptocurrency investment strategies, or the impact of blockchain technology on industries like healthcare or supply chain management. Webinars allow for interactive engagement with the audience through Q&A sessions.
Case Studies: Share real-life case studies that showcase successful cryptocurrency projects or innovative blockchain use cases. Highlight the challenges faced, the solutions implemented, and the outcomes achieved. Case studies provide practical insights and inspire your audience.
E-books: Create in-depth e-books that delve into specific aspects of cryptocurrencies, such as mining, security best practices, or understanding different consensus algorithms. E-books allow for a more comprehensive exploration of topics and can be offered as valuable resources for your audience.
Podcasts: Host a podcast series where you invite industry experts, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders to discuss various crypto-related topics. Podcasts provide a convenient way for your audience to consume educational content while on the go. To learn more about how podcasts can be an effective marketing tool, read our article "How Podcasts Can Help Your Business Grow."
Glossary of Terms: Compile a comprehensive glossary that explains commonly used terms and acronyms in the crypto industry. This resource can be helpful for beginners and serve as a reference for your audience.
Online Courses: Develop structured courses covering different aspects of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Offer certification upon completion to enhance credibility and attract those seeking in-depth knowledge.
Investopedia defines airdrops as "a marketing strategy that involves sending coins or tokens to wallet addresses. Small amounts of the new virtual currency are sent to the wallets of active blockchain community members for free or in return for a small service, such as retweeting a post sent by the company issuing the currency."
Not so often, but still, several projects give away NFTs instead of regular crypto. Also, some projects distribute crypto without even asking to complete any tasks. In contrast, others try to motivate users to participate in sharing posts or do other stuff to promote a project.
Sometimes, the airdrops can be sent only to wallets collaborating with the project before a specific date. For example, 1INCH and Uniswap provide the most popular airdrops of this kind.
There are several types of airdrops, which you can choose from:
- A super popular type of airdrop
- Tokens are given for free without any particular actions
- Users need to create an account and provide their wallet address
- The amount of tokens is usually limited
- Users need to complete specific tasks, such as sharing a post or tagging friends
- Quite popular among new projects
- Users have to spend their energy and time to get the tokens
- Users can receive crypto tokens if they keep a certain number of tokens of another cryptocurrency.
- The amount of your airdrop is determined based on a snapshot that often has a specific date or period. If the wallet balance meets the minimum requirement, recipients can claim free tokens according to their holdings at the time of the snapshot.
- Users receive the amount of crypto based on the number of tokens in their wallets.
- This airdrop sends crypto only to designated wallets
- Usually, the receivers need to be familiar with the projects, like being an active member of a community or a supporter
Find more about airdrops and how to get free tokens here.
LinkedIn is important for crypto brands because it provides a professional platform to connect with a targeted audience, build industry credibility, showcase expertise, network with potential investors and partners, and promote crypto-related products and services in a business-focused environment.
First, you should create a company business page to describe your product, optimize reach, and drive sales. Check our step-by-step guide "How To Create A Perfect LinkedIn Page For Your Business." After that, take the steps below:
- Choose from various ad formats on LinkedIn, including sponsored text ads, sponsored posts, sponsored messaging, dynamic ads, and photo carousel ads.
- Post job listings for free on LinkedIn, reaching millions of job seekers. Paid job ads receive 25% more applications than non-promoted ones.
- Join LinkedIn Groups for private discussions and expand your network connections and page followers. Look for Groups under the Work icon on the LinkedIn dashboard.
- Share long-form content on LinkedIn to establish thought leadership and industry expertise.
- Post articles from your personal account or Company Page. Consistency is critical, so stick to a posting schedule. Be original and provide a unique perspective. Share and promote your older posts to reach a wider audience.
Tips for LinkedIn
- Optimize your posts by including visuals like images, infographics, or videos for higher engagement
- Keep the post copy short and provide a clear call to action
- Name your target audience and tag relevant people and pages
- Lead with questions and create LinkedIn polls for feedback
- Use 2-3 relevant hashtags and write compelling headlines
- Respond to comments promptly to encourage more engagement
- Use LinkedIn's built-in analytics for basic insights
- Track engagement, page traffic, audience demographics, and more.
- Adjust your LinkedIn strategy based on custom insights to meet your goals
- Determine the optimal posting time based on your target audience
- Analyze past performance to find when your audience engages the most.
According to Statista, email remains the most popular communication channel, with more than 306 billion emails being sent and received every day (Statista, 2021). Interestingly, email marketing is still widely used by 64% of small businesses and startups to acquire new customers, as reported by Campaign Monitor.
Despite being seen as somewhat old-fashioned by some, email marketing continues to be a valuable and effective marketing tool with numerous benefits. It serves as a direct channel of communication, allowing you to personalize the format (jpg, pdf, GIF, etc.) and target your audience for undivided attention.
To kickstart your email campaign, follow these essential steps:
- Create a well-thought-out strategy.
- Choose a reliable email service provider.
- Develop a sequence of emails and decide on the frequency of sending.
- Differentiate emails based on the target audience and their engagement levels.
- Gather data and use various metrics to improve communication and better target your audience.
However, when it comes to running a crypto email marketing campaign, you'll encounter a significant obstacle: spam filters. Email services may not recognize your project as legitimate and apply unfair filters to cryptocurrency-related content. To overcome this challenge, you must articulate your project clearly, and convincingly and ensure your emails are delivered properly.
To make your email marketing strategy successful, keep these tips in mind:
- Focus on delivering valuable content that builds trust with your audience, which is particularly important in the crypto space.
- Use optimized and well-placed calls to action (CTAs) to guide readers through your marketing funnel.
- Segment your audience and customize emails based on their interests and funnel stage using drip campaigns and automation.
- Utilize the email tools provided by your service provider, such as A/B testing and analytics, to improve your click-through rate and find the best sending times.
- Choose a reputable email marketing platform like Campaigner, Sendinblue, Omnisend, GetResponse, or EmailOctopus that fits your needs.
To sum it up, here are five key takeaways for a successful email marketing campaign:
- Opt for a crypto-friendly email service provider.
- Include a subscription form on your project's landing page.
- Segment your mailing list based on the user's language preferences.
- Develop a professional template and create a welcoming email flow.
- Focus on providing valuable and educational content to your subscribers.
Find more tips and valuable statistics in our article "Successful Email Marketing For Crypto Projects."
The only problem with email marketing for crypto projects is that some people may associate emails with spam. But if the emails are done well, it is one of the most effective marketing channels.
You need to develop exciting ways to get prospective customers to part with their emails so you can grow your audience.
- Create valuable content
- Optimized CTAs: Ensure your email marketing calls to action (CTAs) are part of an accurately built marketing funnel. Different CTAs must be included depending on the audience and stage of their marketing funnel.
- Use audience segmentation and email customization.
It is important not to overuse email marketing. Receiving marketing emails can irritate people if it is irrelevant, too frequent or unwanted.
Building and growing a crypto community is vital for marketing because it fosters engagement, loyalty, and word-of-mouth promotion. It provides valuable feedback, educates users, attracts partners, and acts as a support forum. A strong community enhances brand reputation and drives market research for better offerings.
Building and growing a crypto community on Telegram and Discord requires strategic steps. Here's how you can do it:
- Join and communicate with crypto community Telegram groups that align with your project's goals. Creating purpose-based groups allows you to monitor engagements based on active time zones and specific interests.
- Consider bifurcating your community into subgroups for different purposes, such as conducting airdrop campaigns in private to maintain the integrity of your main group.
- Identify the channels that best benefit your project. Reddit can be useful for PR purposes, Telegram and Discord are ideal for monitoring comments and answering questions in real time, and Twitter can help increase your followers and reach.
- Use popular directories and listings to increase the visibility of your Telegram and Discord communities. Platforms like ICO Alert, ICO Rating, and CoinMarketCap offer opportunities to reach a broader audience and find new members for your communities.
- Tailor your content to each social media platform and its specific target audience. Understand the interests and expectations of your community members and create meaningful content that resonates with them.
- Automate community management by leveraging automation tools. Set up welcome messages, implement measures to prevent bots and spam, and utilize automation to enhance engagement.
- Create a posting schedule to ensure regular updates and maintain a top-of-mind presence in channels and news feeds.
- Crypto.com Telegram - a community for English-speaking individuals interested in discussing all things cryptocurrency.
- ICO Speaks - a group focused on ICO and IEO reviews, promotions, token sales, airdrops, marketing, and the latest trends in the crypto space.
- DeFi Million - a Telegram channel offering opportunities for advertising new cryptocurrency, blockchain, and NFT projects.
- ICO Alert - a website and Telegram group providing information on upcoming, active, and ended ICOs, with a large community of over 35,000 members.
- ICO Rating - a website featuring ratings and reviews of ICOs and a Telegram group of over 20,000 members.
- CoinMarketCap - a website offering information on cryptocurrency prices, market cap, and 24-hour volume, with a Telegram group of over 8,000 members.
A press release can be a highly effective marketing strategy for a crypto project due to its numerous benefits and impact. A well-crafted press release allows the project to communicate its key developments, milestones, and unique value proposition to a broader audience, including potential investors and users. This clear and concise communication is crucial in cryptocurrencies' fast-paced and often complex world.
The project can gain valuable exposure and credibility within the crypto community and beyond by contacting various media outlets. High-profile media coverage can significantly boost the project's reputation and attract attention from influential figures in the industry. It may lead to increased investment interest and a surge in user adoption.
The press release provides an opportunity to showcase the project's technological innovations and potential impact on the industry. The press release can generate excitement and curiosity among the target audience by compellingly presenting the project's features and advantages.
Furthermore, a well-structured press release can highlight partnerships with other reputable entities, fostering trust and confidence in the project's legitimacy. Collaboration with established players in the crypto space can enhance the project's credibility and open doors to new opportunities.
Moreover, the press release can serve as a means to address any concerns or misconceptions about the project. By providing accurate information and addressing potential issues proactively, the project team can maintain transparency and build a positive reputation within the crypto community.
Timing is crucial, and releasing the press statement during significant events or market developments can amplify its impact. A well-timed press release can create a buzz around the project, attracting attention from investors and influencers who may closely monitor market trends.
Additionally, the release can be repurposed for content marketing strategies, such as blog posts, social media updates, and email newsletters, extending its reach further. This multi-channel approach ensures the project's message reaches a diverse and engaged audience.
Navigate the process of crafting an impeccable press release with our comprehensive, example-driven guide: "What is a crypto Press Release and how to write it."
If you're considering using podcasts as a communication channel, there are a few factors to consider.
Firstly, assess whether a podcast complements your brand and its existing ecosystem. It can seamlessly fit into various parts, such as the warm-up or marketing segment. It allows the podcast to become a profound touchpoint with your company or product.
Secondly, if your intended topic hasn't been covered extensively in podcast form yet, it presents a unique opportunity to establish yourself as a leading voice in that domain.
Lastly, consider the networking aspect. A podcast can be a powerful tool for building connections with individuals you might not easily meet for a casual chat over coffee, providing a platform to engage and learn from them.
Podcasting is a great additional marketing tool that can:
Expands a brand's target audience: People discover podcasts based on their interests or through recommendations, leading them to learn more about the company behind the episodes. As a result, listeners are enticed to visit the company's website, generating new leads.
Increases loyalty: Podcasts often show the informal side of a company, which humanizes the brand. Sharing live stories from employees and discussing internal affairs creates a sense of empathy and connection with the audience. Listeners feel a genuine presence during the podcast, leading to a stronger bond between customers and the company.
Natively promoted: During the conversation, participants can mention the company's products in the context of other stories and tell their examples and cases. It offers a seamless way to promote a company's products.
Let’s also check the advantages and disadvantages of podcast format:
Small businesses have their own difficulties in getting queries to the top of Google searches and usually have a limited budget. Quite often, it can be almost impossible to compete with large companies, especially when all of the top search results are occupied by trading holdings and aggregators.
Here are some key strategies to consider:
- When selecting keywords, focus on thematic keyword groups that align with the intent of your target audience at each stage of their customer journey. Pay attention to long-tail phrases and search engine cues for better targeting.
- Emphasize the creation of high-quality content that not only increases the number of pages on your website but also delves into the depth and elaboration of the text. Each page should target multiple keywords, so even a small site can rank for several dozen keywords.
- Incorporating videos into your SEO strategy is increasingly important as search engines recognize the user preference for video content.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews and showcase them on your website. Video or photo versions of reviews with comments can also provide valuable information for potential buyers.
- Ensure your company is listed on maps and actively maintain the associated business card. Regularly update information, including listings, photos, reviews, and ratings. Monitoring your business accounts on platforms like Google Business is crucial for local SEO.
- Focus on acquiring high-quality links from local directories, industry-related sites, affiliate sites, and local media platforms. Quality links help improve search engine rankings and trust.
- Optimize your website for fast loading times, as users expect quick access to information.
- Optimizing for search engine response blocks.
- Leverage social media platforms popular among your target demographic to improve local SEO. Consistently post relevant content to enhance your company's credibility, as search engines value the usefulness of resources to users.
Learn more about SEO for crypto business in our guide: "SEO Strategies For Your Crypto Business."
These tools can help you with implementing the strategies we have listed in the article.
ClickUp is a cloud-based project management application for teams. It is popular because of its extensive feature set, which includes docs, goals, and an inbox. The platform's dashboard allows users to handle most things, from emails to managing workload across team members. It also has several visualizations for planning work weeks ahead of time.
One of the standout features of ClickUp is its broad range of integrations that can suit specific project requirements. Users can access various productivity tools, including Kanban boards, lists, task tracking, etc. Customizable user roles can help remote teams collaborate more effectively.
Rocket.Chat is a collaboration platform that enables remote teams to easily communicate with their coworkers and stay on top of their projects—for marketing teams, using Rocket.Chat could mean quickly contacting internal team members, external collaborators, and clients. Due to omnichannel and federation capabilities, users can talk via Rocket.Chat with email, WhatsApp, Instagram, or Twitter users.
Buffer - a social media management tool that allows teams to schedule and publish posts on various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Hootsuite is a social media management tool that allows teams to manage and schedule posts across various social media platforms. Hootsuite offers a free and premium plan that start at $19 per month and go up to $599 per month, depending on the plan.
Find more about AI tools for crypto projects in our article: "Neural Networks in Marketing: A Comprehensive Guide to the Latest Tools and Techniques."
Here are some non-obvious crypto marketing tips that can give you an edge in promoting your brand:
Collaborate with Niche Influencers: Look beyond the mainstream influencers and identify niche influencers with a dedicated following within the crypto community. These influencers may have a smaller audience but are highly engaged and have a deep understanding of the crypto industry.
Embrace User-Generated Content: Encourage your audience to create and share their own content related to your brand or products. User-generated content, such as reviews, testimonials, and creative visuals, adds authenticity and social proof to your marketing efforts.
Host Crypto Education Events: Organize virtual or in-person events to educate people about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Engage in Partnerships and Collaborations: Seek partnerships and collaborations with other crypto brands or businesses that complement your offerings. By working together on joint marketing campaigns, co-creating content, or cross-promoting each other, you can effectively tap into each other's audiences and expand your reach.
Create NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens): Consider launching limited-edition NFTs that offer unique digital assets or experiences related to your brand. This can generate buzz, attract collectors and enthusiasts, and create new opportunities for engagement.
Gamify Your Marketing: Introduce gamification elements into your marketing strategy to enhance user engagement. Create challenges, contests, or reward programs where participants can earn crypto tokens or exclusive benefits by completing certain actions or achieving specific milestones.
Collaborate with Crypto Media Outlets: Build relationships with crypto-focused media outlets, publications, and podcasts. Offer to provide expert insights, contribute guest articles, or participate in interviews.
Harness the Power of Communities: Create and nurture your own online community where crypto enthusiasts and your customers can engage with each other.
Experiment with New Platforms: Stay open to emerging platforms and technologies within the crypto space. For example, explore decentralized social media platforms or blockchain-based content-sharing platforms.
Focus on Personalization: Tailor your marketing messages and experiences to individual users based on their preferences, behaviors, and past interactions. Utilize data analytics and automation tools to deliver personalized content, recommendations, or offers.
If you want to get additional marketing insights and techniques, we invite you to explore A-ADS Blog. There, we delve into topics such as cryptocurrencies, crypto marketing, and a plethora of other valuable information.
Crypto marketing refers to promoting and advertising cryptocurrencies, blockchain projects, and related services to attract investors, users, and enthusiasts. It involves unique strategies to navigate the complexities of the crypto industry, build trust, transparency, and credibility, and educate the audience about blockchain technology and its potential benefits.
Marketing in crypto is crucial for several reasons. It plays a significant role in creating awareness about cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects, attracting investors and users, and building trust in a highly skeptical industry. Effective marketing strategies are essential to differentiate projects, showcase their value, and drive adoption in a competitive and evolving market.
Crypto marketing works by utilizing various strategies to promote cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects. It involves creating awareness through content marketing, social media, and influencer partnerships. The goal is to attract investors, users, and enthusiasts while building trust, transparency, and credibility in the crypto industry. Successful campaigns focus on educating the audience about blockchain technology and demonstrating the benefits of the projects to drive adoption and growth.
To do crypto marketing, follow these easy steps:
- Understand the crypto market, target audience, and competitors.
- Develop a clear marketing strategy and budget.
- Build a strong brand identity and value proposition.
- Use content marketing to educate and inform.
- Engage with the crypto community on social media.
- Collaborate with influencers to reach a wider audience.
- Cultivate and engage your own community.
- Utilize email marketing to keep users informed.
- Consider targeted advertising on relevant platforms.
- Attend crypto conferences and events for networking.
- Ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitor analytics to measure and improve performance.
To effectively promote a crypto project, businesses can utilize various channels:
- Engage the crypto community on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Reddit.
- Collaborate with crypto influencers to amplify the project's message and build credibility.
- Participate actively in crypto forums, Telegram groups, and Discord channels to connect with enthusiasts.
- Create compelling content through blogs and videos to educate and engage the audience.
- Use email marketing to maintain direct communication and share project updates.
- For increased visibility, list the project on reputable crypto directories like CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko.
- Issue press releases to announce significant milestones and attract media coverage.
- Consider targeted advertising on crypto-related websites and platforms.
- Network at crypto conferences and events to connect with potential investors and partners.
- Form partnerships and engage in cross-promotion with other crypto projects to expand the project's reach.
Influencer marketing is the most popular crypto marketing strategy, where influential individuals promote cryptocurrencies to their large audiences. Social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram are often used for these campaigns. Crypto projects also rely on airdrops, where they distribute free tokens to generate interest and attract new users. Content marketing plays a significant role, with blogs, articles, and educational materials created to inform and engage the community. Community building through forums, Telegram groups, and online communities fosters a sense of belonging and loyalty.
Additionally, partnerships with other crypto projects or businesses help expand the reach of a particular cryptocurrency. Bounty programs are used to incentivize users to perform tasks like content creation, social sharing, and bug reporting. Finally, participating in events, conferences, and webinars allows crypto projects to showcase their potential to a broader audience.
Crypto marketing can be highly profitable, but it depends on various factors. Successful marketing strategies can attract a vast audience, resulting in increased investments and user adoption. The crypto industry's rapid growth and evolving market conditions create lucrative business opportunities to capitalize on.
Effectiveness in crypto marketing often hinges on factors like the project's uniqueness, transparency, and credibility. Building trust is crucial in a skeptical industry like crypto, and marketing plays a vital role in achieving this.
However, the volatile nature of the crypto market can pose risks, impacting the profitability of marketing campaigns. Market fluctuations and changing regulations can affect investor sentiment and project viability.
The best marketing approach for crypto projects is a well-rounded and strategic combination of various strategies. Content marketing, including educational blogs and industry insights, helps build trust and showcase expertise. Social media engagement is crucial for connecting with the crypto community and sharing project updates.
Influencer marketing is highly effective for leveraging the reach and credibility of influential figures within the crypto space. Email marketing enables direct communication with the audience, keeping them informed about project developments and events.
Listing on reputable crypto directories enhances visibility and attracts potential investors. Targeted advertising on relevant platforms can boost reach and attract the right audience.
Above all, transparency, authenticity, and strong brand identity are essential for building credibility in the competitive crypto market. By utilizing a comprehensive marketing strategy, crypto projects can maximize their potential for success and growth.
More About Crypto Marketing:
Edison Research: "The Infinite Dial 2022," https://www.edisonresearch.com/the-infinite-dial-2022/
Nielsen: "Podcasting Today," https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/report/2022/podcasting-today/
Campaign Monitor Blog - https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/
HubSpot Blog - Email Marketing - https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/topic/email-marketing
Mailchimp Resources- https://mailchimp.com/resources/
Intercom Blog- https://www.intercom.com/blog/
MobileMonkey Blog- https://www.mobilemonkey.com/blog/
Investopedia "How to Earn Passive Income Through Crypto" - https://www.investopedia.com/passive-income-through-crypto-6386333
E. Jerome McCarthy. "Basic Marketing: A Managerial Approach," Page vi. R.D. Irwin, 1960.
Investopedia: “Cryptocurrency Airdrop: What Is It and How Does It Work”, link: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/airdrop-cryptocurrency.asp